With the Czech-German exchange and cooperation platform we bring together independent arts and culture organisations active in the border region of Northern Bohemia and Saxony. Our aim is to establish a long-lasting forum to support each other and to act together.
Research travels in the region are the kick-off in order to get to know the actors and their needs, challenges and potentials on-site. The research is followed by workshops to define our common goals and strategies for the networking of the platform and to frame fields of action from the cultural practice in the cross-border region, starting from the following topics:
- Organisational structures and financing models.
- Cultural education, public participation and civic engagement.
- Networking, partnerships and alliances with local communities, educational institutions, administrative authorities and private sectors.
- Policy-making, advocacy and recommendations for action.
- Regional and location development, strategies of revitalisation and reutilisation.
- Creative Industries, social entrepreneurship and tourism.
The final stage is a two-part symposium with events contributions coming from Czech Republic and Germany (discussions, artistic interventions, performances and many more). Besides, the symposium presents perspectives of the platform and gives impulses for future cooperation projects.
The project is funded by the means of the European Union and by the Czech-German Future Fund. GEH8 Kunstraum und Ateliers e.V is funded by the Culture Foundation of the Free State of Saxony and the City of Dresden. Veřejný sál Hraničář is funded by The Statutory City of Ústí nad Labem, Ministry of Culture Czech Republic and Czech State Cinematography Fund.
Duration of the project: jaro 2018 – jaro 2019.